Yes, that is the opening lyric to Miley’s song We Can’t Stop. And let’s just all admit it now, that song and Wrecking Ball are really catchy songs! I could go on a tangent on what I said this past year (a lot) and who I kissed(a few….but have since for real fallen in love!). I didn’t smoke anything in the bathroom, nor did I dance with Molly or hold any house parties.
So much has happened since I last posted…good and bad, but as I look back, the great times outshine the not so good times!
Since my last post in June I…
- Marched in 4th of July parades with politicians
- Met a great guy named Eric
- Helped get the Westerly Route off the table for the Highway 53 relocation
- Started a new but temporary job
- Went camping to the BWCAW with Eric (with pneumonia(I wouldn’t recommend it, as it isn’t fun coughing on a rock all night!))
- Attended a Neko Case and a Mason Jennings concert at First Ave.
- Jumped into a hole of a frozen lake five times
- Cleaned my adopted highway
- Was appointed to an honorable task force
- Ate at delicious restaurants in Duluth and the Twin Cities area
- Attended a gay wedding…because love is the law in Minnesota!
- Cross country skied
- Went dogsledding
- Found new loves for healthy foods
- Moved into a house with Eric
- Found more happiness
I didn’t run a 5k like I had planned(my bad joints have other agendas!). I didn’t land a job I really wanted. I didn’t read 14 books either! I don’t have any resolutions planned for 2014, but I don’t try to look at the next 365 days, instead I try to look at the day ahead or even the week, because we never know what is around the next corner. I have shared so many happy moments with Eric these past six months that I can’t wait to see what is to come! I don’t want to plan it all out, as I never could have envisioned this past half year being so sweet!
As of late, I find myself dancing in the kitchen to We Can’t Stop blasting on the stereo…honestly, it’s a good song! And as we close another year, let’s remember that everyday can be a new beginning or a new resolution. Like birthdays, January 1st only comes once a year…so let’s celebrate everyday instead, one day at a time! Because we can’t stop, and we won’t stop, because it’s our party and we can do what we want, we can say what we want, and we can love who we want!
Happy December 31st!